2.5 billion people have no access to proper sanitation. Ecoloo is a sustainable toilet system that uses a special formulated bacterial culture to treat human waste and transform it into natural fertilizer. In nearly ten years Ecoloos have been installed in more than 16 countries including Kenya, municipalities in Borneo, festivals in Portugal, factories in Mongolia and Korea, off grid housing for disaster areas in Malaysia and the Philippines, UNDP headquarters in Uganda and UNESCO heritage sites in Jordan. Plans are underway to begin producing up to 1 million toilets per year.
Updates (March, 2017)
- Received “Not Impossible” Award
- Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) Award – Sustainability Award winner (November 2016)
- Received order from UNDP Jordan – asked for another container, delivered successfully
- Currently under consideration to be included in UNICEF supply chains
- Received orders from Kenya, Chile, and Spain